Breakfast is an important meal of the day, especially for pregnant women. Morning sickness and vomiting might keep you away from food in the first trimester but it is crucial to have healthy and nutritious food items every day. If you can’t have the traditional food, try some light food items that have a blend of all the essential nutrients, like veggie omelette.
Ingredients for Veggie Omelette
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup chopped spinach
- ½ cup chopped vegetables (capsicum /mushroom / broccoli / vegetable of your choice)
- ½ diced tomato
- 2 cheese slices (Pasteurized)
- 3 tablespoons of boiled milk
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper for taste
- Take a bowl and beat eggs with milk. Add the chopped spinach, vegetables and diced tomato to this mixture and season it with salt and pepper. If you like, you can boil the spinach and vegetables in a pressure cooker before adding it with eggs.
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick pan and reduce the flame to medium heat. Now pour the mix and spread it widely on the pan.
- Allow the egg to settle and cook for 2 minutes. Place the cheese slices on one side of the omelette and gently fold with the other half over the top of the slices. Slightly press and allow the cheese to melt for about 1 minute.
- Remove it from the pan and have it with whole wheat bread or fruit juice.
This omelette will provide a nutritional boost to your body during pregnancy. You can add any vegetable of your choice and make sure that the egg is completely cooked. Do not use unpasteurized milk or cheese to avoid bacterial infection.