Folic acid is vitamin B and considered as a pregnancy super hero due to its benefits. Pregnant women require around 400 micrograms of folic acid everyday which is offered by nature as folate. However, it is also available in the form of vitamin supplements. Folic acid avoids birth defects in babies and premature labour in pregnant women.
As a part of healthy pregnancy diet, here’s the recipe for folate rich food recipe
Palak Rice (Spinach Rice) Ingredients
- Spinach – 1 bunches
- Cooked rice – 1.5 cups
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Cloves, cardamom and cinnamon – few
- Red chilli powder – ½ tbsp
- Salt for taste
- To cook the spinach, wash it and leave it in a pressure cooker with little water for 1 whistle. After it is cooled, grind with little salt and make it into a paste. Now keep it aside.
- Take a frying pan and heat it with a little butter. Add cloves, cardamom and cinnamon and fry them for 2-3 minutes in medium flame. Then add red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste and salt and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach paste to the pan, followed by cooked rice. Mix it thoroughly and serve hot.